Old 04-16-2011, 07:47 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by JBCustoms
Thanks for all of your input and suggestions. I had passed on a nitrous setup where he had everything but the bottle for $150. It had the spray going under carb where spray on one side and gas on the other. It included the regulators,ect needed to run the NOS. I am running the newer style GRP rods and the cam is a solid lifter roller cam. The specs are 285/285
242/242
567/567 lift
on a 110

not sure how that would work with NOS

Its a HP camprofile you will need somthing ground for NOS...GREG is probably right low 13 second car as you described it
not gonna try and get into how to build a NOS engine on this thread but will say the differences in a NOS engine is the cam profile, ring gap set up, adequate fuel supply many run dedicated lines I just use a hog pump..magna fuel..the ability to take out proper degree of timing at NOS Activation. in your case a lower cost MSD chip set up will do it..will also need a NOS converter..
I guess the point I am making with you is that you are at a cross roads to to where $300 will make the difference in a 450hp engine making 400 ft lbs of TQ vs it making 650hp + and 700 ft lbs of TQ.

What many do not understand is that NOS Produces a freaky amount of TQ vs HP and its a flat TQ curve....thats why these NOS hits pull so well

Big difference between a 13 second pass vs a high 10 second. is enough to make a man decides if he likes racing or not

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "