Old 04-13-2011, 05:52 AM
JBCustoms
APPRENTICE

Default new to drag racing-what class is my car close to racing in?

OK,so i have been reading through the book (NHRA rule) but still wondering where my car is going to fit. maybe you could narrow it down for me as to what class this will fit.
I am running a 65 Chevelle 2dr sedan. Looking for a stock hood or fibreglass hood,going to build a dsah as the one in the car was trashed. Making it from sheetmetal with minium guages needed,355 SBC with th350 auto and a 10 or 12 bolt rear diff and ladder bars. heads are cast iron double humps with 2.02 intakes,solid lift roller cam with around 560 lift,12-1 forged pistons,aluminum GRP rods,Scat cast crank,victor intake with 750 dbl pump Holley. 29x10.50 15 in ET Drag tires,single seat,no carpeting,no door stock door panels but will have metal covering them,stock wheel wells other than interior wheel lips,no inner fender wells in front,roll cage. really nothing fancy. did i leave anything out? ANy idea as to what class i am close to fitting in so I can zero in as to what i need to do with this car? thanks in advance for your help,advice,ect. Jim