View Single Post
Old 01-04-2008, 07:45 PM
edvancedengines
DYNO OPERATOR

Location: VA Hospital, Dallas, Tx (214 302 1924) cell-972-464-7400

Get them to pull it at a slow 600 rpm rate that gets some accuracy without really leaning too hard on the ngine like the 300 rpm rate does. The 1,000 rpm rate is for bragging horsepower and is too quick to tell anything with.

I suggest to let him know you want all full pulls to be at a water tem of above 120 and below 160degrees.

First just get it running and let him do his number with a few part load partial pulls on it. Usually I let on sit over night and come back, but I know you can't do that by the day.

What I try to accomplish on a dyno pull session is to set ignition timing a little below where I think it should be and make a pull.
Read the plugs, make whatever jetting changes you need to make to get good color in all plugs and even cylinder temps.

Once you get good plug colors with your pulls, then you can safely bump the ignition timing slightly. I suggest to not bump it more than 2 degrees at a time.
Pull. Read plugs,
Find the sweet spot on timing.
Find the sweet spot on tuning the carb.
You are done.

During the dyno pulls have several new oil filters so you can pull them and check them and replace them. Have fresh oil and plenty of fuel.

Ed