View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 08:30 AM
mrmopar622
JUNIOR BUILDER

The agreement made with Jimmy Naylor on the engine build when completed he would have it on the dyno so I could watch the dyno pulls. He also told me the engine would be ready in 5-6 weeks Max, so after 12 weeks of getting the run around from Tom, the parts man, I went up to Naylor's shop. Tom, the parts man, and one young guy(looked to be 18-20 years old) were the only ones there, Jimmy was gone for the weekend, but if I would wait til 11:30-12:00 when the two engine builders come in their normal time, I could talk to them. When they got there I ask them did they dyno many engines(I had already seen the outdated dyno looked like it had not been run in months), they told me in the time they had been there they had not dynoed any engines due to the fact the water brake was messed up on the dyno. This was on a Friday, when I called back on Monday & talked with Jimmy & asked him about the dyno he said his helpers did not know what they were talking about & I did not need to worry about it because he was going to dyno it for free(if you will notice above the agreement was it would be on the dyno when I was suppose to pick the engine up) but now he was not going to dyno it at all. My answering machine accidentally recorded this conversation and I still have it. So I had no choice but to take it to someone else to dyno it. I took it to one of the best in the Southeast, he nothing to gain or lose on the dyno results. As for taking the engine apart, it was not getting any oil up to the rocker arms, this had to be fixed. If that was not bad enough instead of using the correct thickness intake manifold gasket, they used two and one had slipped leaking water down into the intake galley into the engine. What might have been a good deal turned into a nightmare.