Thread: gas and alcohol
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2008, 10:16 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by olds48
Really?Alky can give more bottom-end torque?

Actually it picks up more TQ than it does HP....and Yes to your question, you can swap to alcohol and change nothing else except fuel delivery system.

i for one purchased an apd alochol carb and placed on my 67 camaro in November last year..( yes i used an eletric pump)...anyhow
511 bbc with 14 to 1 compression...anyhow,,i ran this car on gas 2 years before ..never had any issues with chassis adjstment etc...best pass on gas @3,004 lbs street legal was 5.99et at 114mph with 1.33 60 ft.

put the alaohol carb on...made one pass and here is how it went...

let off the transbrake at my normal leaving RPM...The car stood STRAIGHT UP on back bumper,rolled hard right while up in the air..i peddled the car down (broke nothing thank goodness)...got back in the gas about the 100ft mark.....still ran a 5.98et with a 1.32 60ft ( on back tires and peddling) and clicked off close to 116 mph....

so yes the TQ increase is radical...ohh by the way i have readjusted my suspension and now have wheelie bars in place...i anticipate 3 mph increase and 3 tenths on the et..over gas....

injection is great and good for more ET if you can work out the space and plumbing on your car.

Brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "