View Single Post
Old 02-11-2014, 12:49 PM
roadkill2
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by jreiley
Its sounds that if I want to optimize the engine hp, I should go to a dry sump oil system. Having said that the cost is high but so is the return.. The next question is whose to use? If that just becomes too expensive, would a vac pump do any good? This is on a gas engine.
There's a bunch of 'em out there . . I'm only familiar with three, but I'm sure most of them are quality systems . .

Years back we had an Armstrong on the Alky Dragster, then a few years ago we had a Peterson on both the Super Comp car and then the Blown alky altered . . now, the Camaro S/Pro car has an Aviaid and it's a jewel . .

The three mentioned all will cost somewhere in the area of $2400-$3000 depending on the number of stages, the finish and how much hardware you get with it . .

But . . with a good pump, you can pull 18-22 inches of vacuum and pick up 80 to 125 HP . . as well as pretty much bullet proof your oiling system . . Think about that . . what does a complete set of Dart 355's cost? And how much HP do you expect out of those heads?

Just an old guy ramblin' . . .