View Single Post
Old 09-14-2009, 04:04 PM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by TheRabbit
A few years ago I sold my 97 vette that I loved. I put it in a local IWANTA and one Thursday morning about 5:30am this country sounding guy asked me when he could pick up the car and would I take cash.
I told him no, bring me a bank check. he hung up. 9:00AM he called and asked what my last name was and hung up. 10:00 am he called asn asked could I meet him at lunch! I said yes, he hung up. I went to my home and he was sitting in front of my house.
I got out of my truck and he got out of his and started walking towards me. He had on coverall's and was carrying a bag. He tossed me the bag and reached in his front top pocket and pulled out a bunch of cash ( which he droped most of it) and a check. He told me to GET OUT HOWEVER MUCH I NEEDED. Their was probably over 70k in the bag and this guy as NEVER EVEN SEEN THE CAR. I had my money before I ever opened the garage door! He got in the car and drove off leaving his truck. I actually miss counted the money by $500 bucks. ( LONG STORY I"LL LEAVE OUT), but I called him that afternoon and ask him if I had droped $500 in the car or if he could re-count the money and see if I had just mis-counted it. He said he didn't know how much he had in the bag but would try to figure it out. I thought I was outta $500 for sure.
He and his wife came to pick up his truck and they gave me a check for $500 and said they were sorry for shorting me!! WTH, I counted the money and they were sorry. :shock: His wife later told me he was going to buy a brand new vette that day and pay cash for it so the way she saw it I saved her about 15k and she was happy!! That is the craziest sell I EVER HAD.
They still have the car and love it!
YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT OR WHO YOUR DEALING WITH!!
I wish someone woulod do that too me :shock: Anyways, Thats a cool story.