View Single Post
Old 02-03-2008, 02:58 PM
slowmotion
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: GETTING OLD Does this happen to you ??

Originally Posted by fastbowtie
Hospital regulations require a wheel chair for patients being discharged. However, while working as a student nurse, I found one elderly gentleman already dressed and sitting on the bed with a suitcase at his feet, who insisted he! Didn't need my help to leave the hospital.
After a chat about rules being rules, he reluctantly let me wheel him to the elevator.
On the way down I asked him if his wife was meeting him.
"I don't know," he said "She's still upstairs in the bathroom changing out of her hospital gown"

8)

True story,
A number of years ago my grandma had failing health, mentally and phisically. She had surgery and had a pretty rough week. My Aunt had stayed with her all week and I guess was a little weary looking.
They decided to put grandma in a nursing home. They took her there and while they were getting my grandma registered, my aunt was sitting in a chair with a blanket in her room. A nurse came in and started talking to her "Well hi honey, you must be new here. You're really going to like living here" LOL
My aunt who was only about 50 at the time said she realized how bad she must of looked. She had to explain she wasn't the patient and wasn't sure if the woman believed her.