Thread: nos
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2012, 04:44 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: NOS

Originally Posted by chevynovaman
i run 10.5 Outlaw series where Nitrous is widely used..I have to go to a funeral home right now but when I get back I will give you names many of them including me...but to leave you with a surprising thought many engines are hurt for being to Fat on the fuel side lifting ring lands therefore hurting whataver happens to be in its path...i will answer more of your question later....trust me hurting a engine using Nitrous is not a myth..i promise you. 8)
I DID NOTICE THIS YEAR WHEN I WAS RESEARCHING THE NOS JETS, THEY HAVE A NEW JETTING CHART WHICH I DIDNT KNOW, COMPARING TO MY OLD PAPERWORK WITH THE NEW CHART AND THEY HAVE DROPPED THE FUEL SIDE JETTING ALOT... I CALLED THE TECH AND HE SAID MOST OF ALL THE OLD KITS WERE WAY TO FAT ON THE FUEL SIDE..
THANKS[/quote]

With big shots of nitrous it all depends on how each engine is designed. What kind of heads, combustion chamber work, cam, timing, etc. There are so many factors that come with running big amounts of nitrous.
It's easy to get by with 100 to 200hp of it and have fun with it. However even that will find the weak links such as driveshafts, axles, u joints, etc. Popular thing around here is to buy a used 6.0 chevy and put a ton of nitrous on it till she blows. They're tuff, cheap motors and the guys usually just laugh when they come apart.
Nothing is more fun than having a motor that you don't care if it blows up or not. There usually the ones that last the longest too.

To agree with the statement that all of the older suggestions are way fat is an understatement. SpeedTech's suggestion sheet is so fat (4 point spread) most want make it down the track once without problems.