Old 09-04-2009, 04:17 PM
ashbros
RACING JUNKIE

UPDATE....
Well, we had to go the the rig a ma roll of letting UPS pick up the items and send them to an UPS inspector for examination.

A number of the items were packaged in smaller boxes which were packed into a larger box for shipping. "For The Record" These smaller boxes were the boxes the manufactures ship the items in..

On another note, I had indicated to UPS and the original shipper that if there were any items that could be repairded I would more than happy to accept them if repairded by a reputable machine shop or reconditioned by the manufacturer at no cost to me.....

Upon inspection at the UPS facility located in Bethalto, Illinois, the UPS inspector determined the method of shipment was not acceptable. Improper packaging was the result of the damage.
Therefore, UPS has denied the claim to reimburse the shipper for the cost of the items insured. This is where it gets interesting.

Without any type of notification, UPS ships the damaged items back to the original shipper. Come to find out UPS repacked the items in a new box in preperation for shipment.

The original shipper call me up and wants to know why UPS dumped all the parts, i.e. crankshaft, 2 sets of pistons main & rod bearings etc... loosely into a box. They did not resend him the box he shipped them in... They actually dumped all the parts out of the manufactures boxes and dumped them loosly into the new UPS box. Can you freakin believe that?

If any of the parts were salvageable prior to their investigation, none of them are salvageable now. Every item is deeply scratched & bent on just about every surface. It seems the crank which laid bare on top of the items just bounced around all over the parts... :shock: :shock: :shock:

I don't know whats gonna happen in the real world, but it now seems to me they should be responsible for total replacement of all parts regardless of the amount of insurance that was taken out on the shipment.
What do you guys think....

Whats gonna happen next????? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: