View Single Post
Old 02-15-2012, 09:31 PM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

Default Of naughty hoods and sneaky rust....

Lets see if I can remember how to post pics....

Cautionary tale! Always pin your own hood...always...period!

Pictured here is my girlfriend who SAYS she is not smiling at my bad fortune. What do you guys think?

0430102212a by Shiny Ribs, on Flickr

When things happen at 100+ mph they happen fast. The hood was flat black and this happened right at the stripe at night. I NEVER saw the hood fly up. It doubled so far back that I couldn't see it at first,it wasnt this far down the windshield until half way down the return road. All i heard was a super loud BANG then my eyes were full of crud. Surface rust from the underside of the roof. I forced my eyes to stay open until i could get stopped. I still had no idea what the sound was or what had happened. I just mashed the kill switch when I heard it. I thought the motor had blew on me. Once I saw what it was I was so happy that it wasn't the motor that I didn't even care about the sheet metal. Everyone was surprised how well I took it. It looked so funny I couldn't help but to laugh! But I did get upset when I found out it snapped the wing off of my hood ornament :cry:

0430102217a by Shiny Ribs, on Flickr

Found a new hood local. I still gotta go back and the PERFECT grill outta that car. Ah,beautiful... :roll:

0813111616a by Shiny Ribs, on Flickr