RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: ?

Originally Posted by TRChassis
Originally Posted by bbchevy
Originally Posted by TRChassis
Rick,
I ALWAYS had My BLOWN/Alcohol converter set-up as TIGHT as they could make them!Thats what the Blower is For,........!Sounds to me Like your Tire Pressure is OFF?Or maybe take some B/V away and get After it a little HARDER!!
Hope that Helps,its NOT Much,but sometimes thats alls YOU Need?
Later
G 8)
TIGHT CONVERTER!!!!
Later
G 8)
BB Chevy,
Do you mean we need a tight converter or our problem is a tight convertor?

Thanks,
Rick
Rick Yes you NEED a TIGHT Converter,3000-3500 Range!
Later
G 8)
GOOD Luck with that 8",.........
Well BB Chevy, you are correct, we finally put everything back together and JW told us the same thing you said and they tightened the convertor, and I cannot believe the difference. The car just launched 3 time perfect, no shake no wheelies, just perfect. It ran a 7.34 at a density altitude of 7,700 ft with a 1.04 60 ft.
Thanks for all the help.
Rick
Rick,
I started out with a Blown Alchol F/C Chassis,had all parts Motor & Trans(No Converter)Listened to some So Be-It,Knowit-All?Buy a Loose converter 5-5500 Stall.So I did,I fought that Combo for almost 2 seasons?Changed Every Part on the Car,thinking that NO Way there could be a C/Verter Issue It NEW!
Guess what,went back to all the Parts Org.on the Car,purchased a New 10"2500-3000 stall converter,from a Company that I'm not even sure is still around(Munsinger),...................BINGO,the Car went down the Track Better and Faster than Ever before,and deadly Consistant!
Later
G 8)