Old 08-01-2009, 12:53 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by DirkaDirka
also--IF YOU KNOW NOTHING AT ALL ABOUT THE OVERHEAD CAM FORDS THEN RUN AWAY FROM THEM!!!!!!!

OK you say that like there is something wrong with them. From what I have heard they were run in the 1994-2004-05 mustang cobras as a 4.6l and the 5.4 was in the lincoln navigators. Also in 2003-04 they were supercharged in the cobras. I also seen a car that has a 6/71 blower on a 4.6l that is running the prostreet div. in a mercury maruader. I can easily build a sbf or bbf too. I already have a 351windsor i believe that is in an old 84 f-350 that I can build. it runs but Im having trouble keeping it running going down the road. Anyways, I think this is enough for right now.
They are a pain in the but to work on. They are a zero clearance motor.I think that's what they call it. The chains are about a mile long and if you don't know what your doing you will get into piston to valve problems. I have only messed with one and that was brief. My nephew got his cams out of whack.I should rephrase...I THINK they are a pain in the butt to work on. Someone that knows what they are doing with them may think differently.