View Single Post
Old 06-02-2009, 03:56 PM
jed5161
CRAFTSMAN

Default optima battery warranty

Had an optima red top in our dragster that was new around this time last race season. Finally got the car out and charged it up and was slow cranking the motor. I figured had to be starter or the fact its a new motor (605 bbc 15:1 compression). went through all the motions of diagnosing the problem. Came down to be the battery weak.

Today the delivery guy made it stop and i pulled out that optima battery and i said " we were at the track, had this battery in a car and it wouldn't hardly start it. Tried to charge it and it didn't make any difference." He agrees to swap it out and says he'll double check the warranty. IT SAYS RIGHT ON THE BATTERY "3 YEAR FREE REPLACEMENT". It has no stipulations or (*) signs leading to any disclaimer. He comes back in and says ok it'll be $xxx.xx for that battery. Said it wasn't covered under warranty because it was installed in a race car which is concidered to be commercial use. He then proceeded to tell me commercial use only has a 1 year warranty and after that its pro-rated cost. Today was the 2nd day it was out of that 1 year, and battery was found bad 2 weekends ago. Needless to say he wouldn't budge at all even though he had skipped the delivery/pick-up dates in the last 2 weeks.

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up if they have any similar situation. Just remember......its in your passenger car. :lol: :wink: