Thread: fuel injection
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2007, 08:56 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Thanks BJ for putting me in on this subject.

First the toilet for me works like a carberator and i run one on my car. Yes it's slow to start because it's a manuel pump. I always turn it over until the oil pressue is up an flip the ing. switch on it is ready to fire.
Same with a hat or stacks injection. Now about preference, on gas i cannot go there because i run alcohol. I was living in AZ. when Ron came up with the toilet bowl, i knew him then and still do. like i said i run his 4.1 on my 377" motor and it works like a carb. It idles at 800 RPM and responds like a carb. The Hat will never work like a bowl, because it is usually mounted on a tunnel ram manifold. I have found that the 60ft. times is always better with a bowl than a hat. and the big end is no difference.
My personal preference is Hilborn Stacks, there is no comparison to the before mentioned injection systems.
I also idle my stacks injection at 800 RPM, you can count the firing of the motor. Bottom line get it right and it will run right. If i can pull some vids out i will ad them to this post.
Personal preference is stacks, well not really HeHe, Blower with Hat.

Zip.