View Single Post
Old 12-09-2007, 09:39 AM
insane4fbodys
SENIOR BUILDER

Default ? for procharger cars

I'm about fed up with some of the vendors as they don't want to help on little things. Problem;the car 70 Camaro with BBC, Lemons headers and motor plates. The motor plates may have lifted the motor only by a 1/8th, but only to make the lemons fit perfectly in the car. With the procharger mocked up and belt on, the hood will shut but is resting slightly against the the belt. I want it to fit under the hood with enough clearance. The procharger pulley is 5 1/2" inches around and doesn't seem to be any kind of adjustments to move it. I have asked procharger about it and they said call a vendor. I called MC racing and they said they would have to call PC. I have called them 3 times and never got a answer. What pullies if any could I run to stay around 18PSI give or take. And have a smaller driven pulley. Believe it or notthe housing doesn't hit the hood just the frontend of the pulley and belt. Also what kind of valve covers will fit? My Fab. sheetmetal 1's won't clear. Do I have to have it cut and rewelded? Thanks guys. PS this is 1 reason it's on RJ for trade as I haven't got time and a place to work on it during the cold season. I'm sure it'll be a blast if I can finish it and keep it for next year.