View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010, 12:28 AM
bowtiebob1
SHOW GUEST

Default scammer help needed!!

WOW MAN!!! Where the heck have you guys all been as it sounds to me like we have a problem solving committee right here.. I was very much impressed by the quick action y'all got especially when Rigsby got involved..
I have almost an identical situation myself with a guy who's username is ch57evy, id number 212781, he is Brian Olinger 3404 Glen Pine Rd, Kingsport , TN 37660...423-349-8216 home phone and 423-360-0299 cell so I understand.
I sent him a US POSTAL MO #17250962804 dated 7/23/2010 for the amount of $325 for payment of ad#1890153 which he shows as being sold on Aug. 2, 2010 at 13;50EST. He gave me the story that he needed to sell this stuff to raise the money to get his racecar back together so he and his son could go racing so being the considerate guy I am I got the MO right out to him trying to be helpful as well as the honest rj.com member I am..
Communication never was the greatest but at least it was good before he got my money and that's when he got mute or stricken with amnesia or whatever the heck happened..
He finally replied to me letting me now his boss had sent him out of town without notice to TX for his job and that his wife had informed him that they had recieved the postal MO and I haven't been able to get a phone answer or IM replied to since.
I have all the correspondance printed out in case I have to take legal action which really pisses me off as this is getting to be too often an occurance and I'm sick of being screwed without a kiss.
I'm a disabled Veteran on a fixed income and beside a fun hobby like a lot of you guys and usually a very enjoyable site to make new friends I'd appreciate any help y'all might be able to help me out with..
Funny thing is, the Sullivan County Sheriffs Dept claims to have been able to contact him when I requested a welfare check but act like they are protecting him..I haven't even cussed him out, YET!!!! I figure it's sometimes better to try some diplomacy first and try to be understanding and willing to give another man the benefit of the doubt but seems like everytime I do I get screwed even worse..
Any HELP, ADVICE, ASSISTANCE would be very much appreciated.. I also feel we the members should be able to come up with some sort of committee so to speak to try to put an end to the scammers and theives..
THANKS
BTB