View Single Post
Old 06-08-2009, 12:00 PM
dparker
RACING JUNKIE

The shogun has check valves now that won't let the oil drain back. With the fins on the cooler it allows the 5 quarts to cool while your in the pits. With the additional fluid it also takes longer to get hot. I feel that your temps will be more consistant with a shogun. My trans is 150 to 160 until I start the car it jumps to 140 to 145. Because the fluid in the shogun is 120 to 130 when it mixes with the trans oil which is 150 to 160. What could be better than having 1/3 of your oil in a cooler that is cooling it will you wait till the next round. The check valves are a big improvement. I talked to the B&M r&d, they told me they had put a tube in the exit side of the cooler to help that. I told them if you hadn't done that the cooler would never have gotten full and that it would still drain back in the trans when the engine was turned off. After talking with Bill at shogun I bought it. I do see where the b&m with the fan has its advantages but I decided the shogun would be more advantageous to my application.