Thread: Pinks
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2008, 10:05 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by cepx111
Zip,
I went to the armdrops at Memphis friday night and it was total confusion, nobody knew what was going on, Rich wasnt flagging anybody off, he just hung out in the tower alnight running his big mouth, they were just running cars for the sake of running cars, nobody bothered to collect the data, E.G. > ET's even though the timers and lights were working friday night.
It rained early saturday morning and that killed the timing system, they never did get back up and working so thats the reason he had to modify the program for saturday and sunday, the whole event was a total disater - I know several local racers who just decided to donate their $50 entry fee and race somehwere else - E.G. Byhalia and Hollysprings.
They crowd was thin to say the least, I've seen more people there on a test and tunenight than were there friday and it never did sell-out.
Alot of fellow racers thought that it was going to be a televised event hoping for their 5 minutes of fame on the big screen but at the last minute Rich pulled the plug on that too. Needless to say I won't be going to any armdrop drags run by Rich and his crew anytime soon.
Now an all-out event, maybe.
Later, Cp
Thank you Charles for stepping up as a person who was there at the race. That's exactly what i heard from the 3 people who was there, 2 of the 3 went to Holly Springs, and forfitted their entry and was happy to be out of the confusion. Like I said i wasn't there and everything i posted was hearsay, but you have just confirmed what really happened.
O'k folks Charles and i have never meet, but we each know a lot of the same people and hopefully we can meet one another in 2009 at one of the tracks that we run at. HeHe, i want to get after his B/BLK camero with my little S/BLK Malibu. Don't get excited , it's all in fun.

Zip.