View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 10:35 AM
chevyart
MASTER BUILDER

Default overheat

thanks again guys.. hey rughtway. the answer is yes about the car going faster as the day goes on and it is hotter, and the engines is retaining more heat. (it goes about a tenth or a little more faster.) one thing i did notice is that before i changed the jets when carb was real, real lean, was that the response was extremely fast when i hit the gas and is was very very crisp, and would go to 5,000 in a FLASH. AFTER I FATTENED THE SAME CARB UP TO WHERE IT IS NOW (AND ITS PROBABLY STILL TOO LEAN) THE RESPONSE WAS not as crispy and it jumped up only to around 4500 rpms with the same little hit on the throttle. another thing is that through ETs from 11.5 to 11.1 the mph was always 119. the car would not launch hard at all. it came out straight and has new slicks and didnt spin, just seemed no to have good power. I am putting on the bigger carb today(aprox 800-820 cfms) and i have the jetting at 84-84 and no power valves. quick fuel said that is where i should start at for the track. i want to thank all you guys for showing a nice interest with the problems i have. its really been an education about reading the plugs and learning what lean out conditions do and how they can reallly badly affect alot of things on the engine..im not there yet but i will definitely keep all of you informed as i go along. i will check and alter every little thing that you all have suggested.. Anyone yet about me running lines from water pump to sides of block above the hard block. i want to do this so badly that i can taste it. thanks art