Thread: carb spacers
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2008, 04:38 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by hammertime
Originally Posted by Tod74
what do you guys think about those funnel shaped 2 inch spacers that adapt a dominator onto a 4150 intake? I have a 454-r made for a 4150 but use the adaptor to mount the dominator. Was wondering if I needed to change it...looks like the funnel would help pick up the air velocity.
I've actually tried this on a 4500 Super Victor intake to a 4150 carb thought it ran good untill I got tired of looking at the spacer and changed to a Victor JR. Picked up almost .08 on the track. Even better I put a dart/wilson on after that and picked up another .04-.05 I was shocked. Figured I was getting the funnel affect and it would help it also but guess not.
I only used it because that was the intake that I already had...I have no trouble buying a new one if I thought it would run better.

Do you think maybe the victor junior was just a better manifold for your motor or do you think it was removing the spacer that helped? I was thinking a Super Victor would be good on my 540 but I only wind it to 7000 so didn't want to go too big with the intake.