Old 11-17-2007, 06:37 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Default 1ST date with Alcohol Results are in !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok guys here is an instant reply my 1st date on Alcohol........

i was at the 10.5 extreme Outlaw Race and they had 45 minute test -n-tune rounds between Qualifying....so i got a shake at 2 passes..here they are play for play..

1st Pass- after 45 minutes of working heat into motor and making a short run on return road i used approx 4 gallons of alcohol..car was VERY,VERY RESPONSIVE on return road...

staged the car..locked her in with transbrake..brougt it up to 2,000 rpm..last 2 lights before green brought it up on two step to 4,000 rpm (split second)..sounded like a 4 speed dumping clutch.. ( ahh Vince..not quite huh..lol)
As soon as i let go of the transbreak..the CAR STOOD STRAIGHT UP ON THE BACK BUMPER..what was so bad is that it went LEFT FRONT 1ST (almost like roll but jury still out on that..was it a roll?or did i get it above instant center and it binded up..like a bulldozer works..tom and i discussed this theory tonight) the passenger side followed until i reached max height and scraped the rear valance panel...( i do not do me a Vince or Todd,or Tim Tosto wheel stand,,their's are pretty mine was just plain NASTY and unproductive)..IT WAS A SHOCK !! THIS CAR HAS NEVER DONE THIS BEFORE,, EVER !!!..i kept enough sense about me to not completey let off but instead i PEDDLED car and got the front tires back down with no damage to car (LUCKY)..WHEWW !!...As the front end settled i was back into it (gas) and had to SHORT peddle just before high gear..got into high gear and made it thru traps...The car really starting pulling HARD once everything got settle down...

So after all this...i still ran a

5.98 et @ almost 116mph...with a 3.88 330FT..

Now get this...with dragging the back bumper,and peddling..i still had a 1.32 60 FT......i really was shocked at this beacuse everything happened so fast and violently off the line i could not GAGE my 60 ft....

So this ALCOHOL caused my car to become possessed....Maybe some of this was my FAULT..i was in un-charted water with this ALCOHOL thing along with the intake swap and i went up there just like my old intake GAS passes..and left at 4,000 rpm..WITH NO WHEELIE BARS...i should have left softer and felt this out 1st.....

To be honest i under estimated the extra power i would be making on the Alcohol..I MADE A MISTAKE....and it almost cost me....i DID NOT recognize the power nor did the car..lol ..i dont have a video of this pass..(wife wasn't there)..had a buddy of mine with me ..but do have the time slip..

The 2nd pass i brought up on the break at 4,000 rpm...the car went to lift left font and pulled right..so i aborted run,,within 60ft...during the course of this i threw off #7 spark plug wire at the plug..thought i had hurt the motor..and was relieve to see the boot had been shaken off..plugged it back up and motor fine..

There is no doubt i left 2 to 2.5 tenths on the table..i see the car in the 5.70 range when we make our return in the spring..until then i will comb the car over like a Monkey with fleas..AND THERE WILL BE A SET OF WHEELIE BARS on the car next time out..

also picked up 2mph from the 1st pass WITH wheel stand and 2 peddles...i see 3 to 4 mph pick up being able to lay it down from the line...

thanks for listening and support..I look forward to next year as everyone does.

Brian