View Single Post
Old 11-05-2007, 07:41 PM
davis419b
EXPERT BUILDER

What type of air induction system do you have ( stack injectors or a hat)?What is the history on this system? Did you just buy this set up or did you buy a car with this set up on it? I have seen many people total screw the barrel valve up trying to set it by ear. Bjuice is right you cant go any farther till you get the barrel valve set properly. I always ran a Rons system. The only problem i ever had with it is it had a checkball valve in the return line which kept the fuel from bleeding off from the barrel valve and lines which stuck closed one time and would not return fuel which made the engine go dead rich. If the barrel valve is too rich you will be dumping fuel out of the headers. Dont be intimadated by the barrel valve if you buy a leakdown tester and use it correctly you will only have to set it one time on this combination. After that you put the right nozzels in there and all you need is a jet for hot weather bad air and one for cool weather good air. The EGT if you get one will tell the exhaust temp and based on that you will know what jet to run. Sorry for such a long answer but that is really all there is to it. Its simple once the barrel valve is correct! Oh buy the way put the 40 bucks into a leakdown tester it will get you much farther along!