Thread: New Ride
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2009, 01:32 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by johnracer
Hey David, this is really unrelated to this post, but I know you're an experienced swingarm dragster guy and was looking for some suggestions/tips for a friend of mine.
He just bought a '00 Fritz swingarm 235" dragster. Nice clean chassis, 4.10 gear, has old 33.5x15 Hoosiers on it now, will have his 970hp 23 deg 565 RM, 1.80 glide, 6000 stall 8" convertor, and should weigh around 1850-1900 lbs. Any suggestions for slicks? Brand, size, compound, pressure to start with? Also any suggestons on where to start with swing arm ic and front ballast?
He'll be running primarily up here in Co with 6000- 9000' air and figure it should run 8.0's and maybe high 7.90's in the spring and fall.
Thanks for your help.
Johnny
Hey Johnny, the MT tire seems to be the ticket here latley with anything with any kinda of hp, the gy's rattle in the burnout to much so stay away from them, hoosiers have been good to me but the mt's i tried a month or so ago were smooooth. I assume it has a 15x15 rim ? I would start with around 5.5lbs and try all the way down to 4 3/4. Dont get crazy with the IC being to short, do you know what it is set at now ? Any kinda of supsended dragster should not need weight in the front if it does its a band-aid fix. Hope this helps some