Old 05-19-2007, 08:25 AM
novassx
APPRENTICE

I work at a GM dealership in service with 8 techs. The most comon is the fuel pump, then security system ( ignition switch), then the distibutor. Mostly fuel pumps will die, and car will not start unless you give the tank a wack. You say you have to wait and then it starts. When you turn the key to the on position when the car is working fine, can you hear the pump for a few seconds? And when it dies can you still hear it when you try to start it. When after market pumps have been installed, they can do some wierd stuff. But the originals are fairly consistant. They just stop working. Fuel pressure is also very important as said before. Plugged filters take out fuel pumps and plugged filters reduce pressure as you know. If you need specific info on anything, just ask. Just to comfirm, "You do" have a resistor at the connector at the steering colume to by pass the ignition switch?. And was it there when you bought the car? It must be within 10% of the pelet keys value. Normaly when this fails, the car will just barely start and turn off with security light flashing. Need to elimiate 1 thing at a time. You sound like you fusterated! I'll be back at work on wednesday. You can email me there if you like for any specifics or bulletins. I could copy and paste to a replie email. I will need the last 8 #'s of the vin. Gerald
[email protected]