View Single Post
Old 05-20-2011, 07:05 AM
kod99
MASTER BUILDER

Originally Posted by hammertime
Do you run a egt or a o2 senor ? if so what are them readings.

I assume your not leaving the fuel shutoff, in all the time correct ?

Few things right off, 45 pill is well off in left field, you should jump to a 39 nozzel and a 86 pill. 2nd thing, dyno's always love fuel, we dont race them though, so the data there is usually a bit off. It may make the most there on the dyno but will not in the car.

Did you buy the setup used or new from rons ? I've never had any luck with the setup that Ron's give me unless its from James Monroe. Your best bet is to call him if you want to talk to Rons. www.killerrons.com

Likely what is coming out of the breather from the vacuum canister will not stop if it is a older canister, the new ones do not do this. You need to get a wrist sweat band and put over it, or zip tie some type of rag around it, that is a very common problem. I just purchased Moroso new canister and it took care of that issue vs the older ones.

Injection is rather simple and I am sure you'll get it. A primer would be a great investment.
Thanks for the input Hammer.

I will definitely change to 39 main and an 85 pill and see what that does.

I am guilt of leaving the fuel shut off all the way in. Like I said, when I pulled it out to lean the engine and try to build heat, the idle RPM increased to 2200. Did I pull it out too far?

I don't run EGT or O2 sensors, so I don't have that data.

I bought the Terminator 1060 new from Ron's.

The vacuum pump is new from Moroso:
Pump #22840
Breather Tank #85500

I will try the wrist band idea, it sounds like it should work. My breather sits up in the airflow, so I did make the run with a piece of duct tape over the forward facing area of the breater screen to stop the high speed air from being forced into the breather can.
I am going to build a small aluminum shroud around the oil intake fitting inside the valve cover.

Instead of changing the fuel pump, can I put my high speed bypass back in with the spring set at 85 psi? That should regulate the fuel pressure.