Old 01-15-2012, 07:33 AM
lodilobo
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

Default Outside opinions needed on deposit taken...

I have a block for sale here, and have had at least 50 interested parties since posting. A guy out of N.C. called me, and was hot to buy the block, so I told him I needed a deposit. He gave me a deposit of $100.00 through paypal, which is fairly safe, but it became $96.00 after the transaction....no big deal. That was over a month ago. His intention was to pick the block up, here in Ohio, as he is a truck driver, and comes this way frequently. Well, he still hasn't picked the block up, and I have even offered to get a shipping coast for him through engineshipping.com, but no response. I asked him to email me his address, so I could get him an accurate shipping cost, but still have not heard from him. As soon as he made the down payment, I flagged the ad "deal pending". I have passed up at least 10 legitimate buyers since he gave me his deposit. At this point I'm ready to relist the ad, and return his deposit. Does anyone think this is unreasonable? I don't want to end up on this forum as being a scammer....collecting deposits and then selling the item to someone else.