View Single Post
Old 06-12-2009, 03:05 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

What happened to the fender:This was years ago I was probably 22 or 23 years old at the time

I had an old stock hood from the same car...I had it outside leaned up against my dads garage..he insisted I put it inside so I did. I was putting the car in his garage and was in a big hurry cause I had plans that night...Well just as I was pulling in the hood slid away from the inside garage wall right in my way...Like an idiot I kicked the car up into neutral instead of park while I got out to move the hood( you probably know where this is going :P ) well it had a very loose converter in it so it would sit still almost if in gear...I either had it in drive instead of neutral or hit the shifter when I got out (again I was in a big hurry) As I was moving the hood the car crept fwd and rubbed the garage door opening. I jumped in it and stopped it before it crunched it and the door...I got out cussing like a sailor.Kicked the fender like an idiot then focused my rage on the stock hood that caused the whole thing. I cart wheeled it into the yard and began stomping on it all the while cussing the air blue.....LOL
My father heard the commotion and thought I was hurt or something and came running outside ....then of coarse it was HIS FAULT that I wrecked my fender cause he made me put that old hood inside... :lol:

Funny thing was that old stock/flat hood survived a pretty vicious stomping with very little damage.