View Single Post
Old 05-27-2009, 12:56 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Here is the list I ran (#'s escape me exactly but can be close)

355- Basically close motor to what you have same heads fully cnc'd through AFR. Tried the pro products first and thought I was leaving some #'s on the table so I swapped to a Ported Super Victor 4500 with the adapter lost over a tenth, decided maybe the 4500 with the adapter wasnt the way to go, tried a 4150 base still was down .05 compared to the pro products out of box, decided to port match the Pro Products intake, gained another 5 with it. Ended up being .10 faster then both super victors. I tried changing the carbs around gained nothing.

The 434, had AFR 227's fully cnc'd by AFR. Started out with the pro products intake I had, ran good but wasnt happy with it. Swapped it over to the 4150 super victor slowed down .12 did gain back 3-4 with some jet change but not much really thought that intake would work on the bigger CI but did some calling around and was told by several people to try a Dart Wilson intake out of box, I purchased one put it on there after the super victor no changes .18 faster. More jet change ended up just over 2 tenths faster.

I left it on there after that. Always wanted to go to the dyno to see what hp/tq difference was but never did. The motor loved that Dart Wilson though.