View Single Post
Old 01-31-2009, 07:42 AM
goldenj
APPRENTICE

i was hoping to run into some one that uses the sniper.im using one this year on the advice of my engine builder.i've used the super victor for years nice manifold but i think there something in the sniper.i have a 3.90 gear in the car now i'm told but i do want to put a 4.10 back into it.we run 1/8 mile sat.nights and 1/4 at a different track on sundays.i don't know if a gear change matters much. last year i'd leave at 4800 shift at 7600 go thru 1/8 bout 7000 with a 4.10. i had lunati pro mods in it for just 12 passes they held up great but i put the olivers in it this winter because there a 1300 hp rod and those heads pulled hard to the 7600 shift put me back in the seat!!!.then again we didn't even get a chance to start moving things around to get the best settings on everything.thanks for the nozzle setting etc. really helpful my engine builder called and has a good bead on a new complete terminator so i'll see how that goes.what kind of timing do you run?i'm at 36 degrees ,too much?