View Single Post
Old 06-02-2008, 11:03 AM
chevyart
MASTER BUILDER

Default power valves

hey dcarr511 think i am a little confused by your last post. you say with a low number power valve (around 3.5) it will not be opened yet doing the burnout. My car is over (or around) 5000rpms doing the burnout. shouldnt the power valve be open long before the 5000 rpms. If it was not then i would probably be lean at that point. the staging process, which is around idle, i can see the power valve still being closed. Im really leaning towards using the power valve in front but i just want to be sure i am thinking this out properly and using the right power valve. moter is 355, ported iron heads, 12.3 to 1 compression, and a crane roller around .625 lift and the duration around 265-270 @.050, and a 5000 stall converter. i use a powerglide with 5.61 gears with 31 inch tires and come through the traps around 7700 rpms. im using proform center on a 750 holley with 74 jets in the front with a 3.5 power valve and 84 jets in the rear without a power valve. does this sound about right for my carb setup. i really appreciare you input on this as i am really concerned about getting the right combo. thanks again Chevy Art