View Single Post
Old 09-03-2012, 08:24 PM
wazup
EXPERT BUILDER

Art i wish i was there to help. What did the plugs look like. Im wondering if you might have a vacuum leak. The oil you are using is fine(i use the same) but if you keep running that hot i would change it, as for the oil pressure its only doing that because its to hot. I ran a oil temp gauge in the bottom of my oil pan and the oil temp would get up there(210-230) when driving it on the road. Do you have the trans lines running to the radiator or to a trans cooler. There is alot of thing that can make it run hot so one thing at a time is the best way, if what you change dont help change it back to the way you had it. Let me say this i have a bbc (not filled) that has 28"x17" alum rad i think, with two 10" fans (no shrouds) in front of the radiator pushing,no stat or restrictor with elc water pump (csr) and can drive it stop and go to car show about 5 miles and only runs around 160to170. You might need to move the time around with out killing your power, keep rejetting too, jetting and timing go hand and hand. One more thing try spaying some carb cleaner around the carb and intake gaskets and see if the engine changes. Maybe some of this will help. Sorry your have no luck but its got to be something simple.

You can call me at my shop 321-951-2247 Robert Price (Prices Auto Center)