Thread: Confused...
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2009, 04:28 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Scooter,
I am so sorry. the animals in my wifes and I lives are our children since we have none. I have had to put down some dogs in the past, car hits, one got rabies from a racoon. The worse was last August, our 13 1/2 year old husky/shepherd mix developed a tumor in her right lung and went downhill fast. I couldnt do the deed myself on that one so we went to the vet. I was balling my eyes out before we even got inside. The vet let her sit in my lap as she got the injection. I sat in that room for a half hour after it was over just petting her till they finally let me out the back door cause I was a giant blubbering mess. It took about 4 months till I could convince my wife to get another dog, she just wasnt sure if she was ready. We went to the pets without parents no kill shelter after new years and picked out a boxer/shepherd mix. I think she has helped heal our souls. I have never had a dog learn so fast and be so much fun as a puppy. her name is Roxy...

Maybe a new dog would help your daughter, if its around kids from a young age the learn to be very tolerant of the children.

I hope things get better for you and yours

As close to "Normal" as I can get...