Thread: NHRA LICENSE
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2010, 04:57 PM
traysvega
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default Re: NHRA LICENSE

Originally Posted by Tod74
How does one go about getting his license? I haven't had the car out in a long time but have recently been told that the track we go to now requires it along with chassis certification if your E.T requires it per NHRA rules. If this is really true and they enforce it I am screwed..no way my car will certify. It's not an unsafe death trap or anything but it don't think it's legal to run 9's. or the eighth mile equivalent.I don't know all the chassis rules but It has a 12 point cage but no x brace on the doors etc

who do you call to get the ball rolling on obtaining your license and will I need to slow the car down to a legal ET for the car when /if I do the test passes?
You need a car that will certify 9.99 or faster,Call your division office,find out who does the certs(call him or her) and find out when and where.Make an appointment if nessary.Pay to have it cert,if it fails he or she will tell you what failed and why.Then if it does fail,go back and fix those issues. I needed a dash bar once thats all.After it has been repaired(sucky part) you will have to go back and try again on the cert.But if the repairs where made right,you'll be up and running.

Next download the application. http://www.nhra.com/competition/forms.aspx
papers along with the phyiscal paper.Second make an appointment for the docs for a phyiscal and take your physical paper with you.Have the doc fill it out completly(very important ,one box not checked,not signed or,they send it back delays everything).After U pass the phyiscal,load the car up and take it to the track.Along with all your paperwork.

You will have to make a half pass,3 moderate passes(about the 1000') and 2 full passes.Your last 2 passes will have to be 9.99 or faster!ones before doesnt matter much.Also you will need 2 people with nhra licenses to sign off and every pass made and after all the passes are made you'll need the track owner to sign off on it.Then you send a big fat check into NHRA for the classes you want to run..