View Single Post
Old 12-08-2009, 08:53 AM
DRTRCR22
EXPERT BUILDER

Wow Tia, where do you race that lets you cut the body off and run a sheetmetal body on a HOBBY car? Is is aluminum body? We call those Super Stocks or Limited Late Model class down here...

Around here in the southwest, all the tracks quit the Super Stock class and went to either IMCA or UMP rules, where Hobby Stock class MUST remain all Pure Stock... very strict rules.

IMCA has a Limiited Late Model class, but the Brodix spec heads and intake cost over $3500 alone, so everrybody switched to Modifieds or Sport Mods. With so little interest the local IMCA tracks won't even consider it.

UMP/DirtWest series has a Limited Late Model class in western TX, NM and AZ region, but we call it the "Million Dollar Club" because very few people can afford to build or run that class...

I have a NICE camaro stub/tubular car (Limited or Super) that I can't even hardly give away, just sitting here rotting away. I have offered to set this car up any way needed, and even deliver it nearly anywhere for just the price of my gas, but no takers. I have it listed here in RJ. I need to get this car back up to the midwest where they still race this class... if you know anyone wanting a nice car for 'dirt' cheap (pun intended) I've got one looking for a good home...
Ive considered turning it into some kind of drag car because it is so light and has a really nice chassis...