View Single Post
Old 10-02-2009, 08:52 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by bjuice
Originally Posted by Tod74
Originally Posted by bjuice
[i know, i know...running that Fast on 10inch tires at 3,000lbs is No Big deal Anyone could do it ...LMAO...don't let me Discourage you ...go out and Bust it off this weekend and let us Know how easy it was...i hope you can get it there...seriously !!!...if not i know a Good engine Builder you may want to call
In my opinion it is almost an apples to oranges comparison when compairing the average weekend bracket racer's engine to one like yours. Obviously all engines need to be "right" to live, but at the power levels you guys make(especially with power adders) the margin for error is much smaller. Every aspect of that engine must be carefully thought out for them to be able to survive. Not exactly the same thing as a 9 or 10 second bracket engine that is bolted together from a Jegs catalog. So to me it depends on your goals. JMO
lol ...Tod i read the section of My post you chose to highlight to make your comments on......you do know this comment was to Onebadgmc don't you ? Please help me understand how a ( claimed 2100hp) 568+ci 1471 Alcohol Blown Injected BBC is your apples to oranges everyday Bracket engine ?..it may run like one but thats beside the point.....Lol

daym Blown engine is making 800 more hp than Mine ..(per his claim)..somthing ain't adding up is it ?

http://www.racingjunk.com/category/2...-Alky-GMC.html

i took a little part of His add...stating the truck is 3250lbs without driver...How much does oneBadgmc weigh
450 +lbs.......he did tell us the truck weighed 3700+ lbs ...correct ???????

i smell Bullchit !

Gebhardt's Pro Cars full mild steel tube chassis, with Funny Car Cage, and Pro-Mod four link setup. Tubular A-arms (for better street ride), 60" Wheelie Bars. Weight, 3250 with full fuel load, without driver. Last certed for 7.50 as of Dec '05. Updates completed Winter of 08/09 to pass current 7.50 cert
Yeah I knew you were talking to ONEBADGMC. I picked the wrong post of yours to quote to make my point...sorry for the confusion.My comennt had nothing to do with WJ Birmingham.. I wasn't really commenting on what was said between the two of you.I was commenting more on YOUR car and the level you are at. I probably shouldn't have quoted that part of your post but rather the other post where you mentioned the 4.70 E.T'S.....

I simply meant that to run at the level you are at takes FAR more know how and attention to detail than it does to do what many of us do...Those who buy off the shelf parts and bolt them together in our garage to run weekend bracket races. If I were trying to go that fast or be competitive in a class like you run,then a pro builder would be the way to go as I don't know enough to build an engine like that.I also wasn't disagreeing with using a PRO even for bracket racing. I think if you can afford it it's the smart move.I just like doing mine myself as it's a learning experience and I like the satisfaction of putting it together myself.