Thread: They're here
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 06:17 AM
roadkill2
RACING JUNKIE

Here's the deal on any discussion involving politics (Religion sometimes too) is that you cannot have a thin skin. With all due respect to everyone who comes here, sometimes we have slightly different beliefs than do our fellow travelers, and sometimes those beliefs are very deep.

Thus, when another touches the sharp edge of that belief, it tends to piss the guy off . . And the discussion falls apart.

In politics, because of all the agendas, the rhetoric, the conflicts of detail, and in general, the variety of belief among those who huddle under one tent or another, there's a lot of "Sharp Edges" . .

To me, Ken is a sharp guy, a definite Conservative, perhaps right on the edge of being a Libertarian. That's probably farther right than I view myself, but it don't make him no bad guy. Face it. We, or at least most of us who come here, remark or postulate, all have the same dislikes and goals, some with deeper feelings than others . . So if we step on one another's toe at one time or another, just take it easy.

If an apology is in order or would make things better, by all means, that's something that's not to hard to do. But on the other side of this, If I can piss a person off who shares my belief with a word, then one of us isn't believing as hard as he/she probably ought to. Simply because the Liberals refer to us on the Right as everything from Neanderthals to sex offenders. So if I piss you off in a conversation about our likes and dislikes, you have no business in a debate with a liberal. You're gonna go home crying . .

On "Politically Correct" . . It's neither Correct nor tolerant!

Don't be . . .