Old 05-22-2007, 09:01 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

i am a former VP and Sunoco Fuel Distributer......the main difference between the 2 companies is that VP mixes their own fuels additives (chemicals) ...and SUNOCO is one of two actual oil refineries in the world that also mixes their base petroulemn

all the fules start off as a base pertroluem..and the companies such as VP add their own spice to it to make whatever they want it to be.

the key is getting the proper fuel to explode or ignite at a certain point of the engines rotation cycle...octane having nothing to do with it..all octane does is prevent detonation..
if anyone would like.. i have ton of material i can mail you that will explain the difference in the burn rate, the weight amoung many other fators...octane just being one small part of it...with VP you will find over 50 different types of fules...Suncoco you will have a titgheter group such as following
110- purple
112- blue supreme
114- forgot the name
116- newer fuel called NOS.....

104- Oxgented unleaded.
alcohol - imported

and a few other lower octane unleaded fuels.

....i will not start to name what VP has..its almost ridiculous.....
your roundy round guys are sneaking in the 104 oxgentated whenever they can (un-tested events)...the large sponsors have always used C-44. the average retail cost of this fuel is $58 to $60 bucks a gallon..thats right,,i didn't miss-type.. here back 3 years ago before the large fuel hike my cost on a 54 gallon drum of C-44 was $1800 dollars and would retail for $2400.00.
its more than that now....

any how enough of fuel for me ..i got such a bad taste in my mouth from that experience i will never forget..from dealing with VP and Suncoco down to the customer that knocked on my door at mid-night for 3 gallons of fuel..( no joke !)

all i can say if your looking for horsepower in fuel..concentrate in other areas such as getting most out of your chassis etc....as long as you are not detonating your not going to find enough HP to ever feel it in the seat of your pants unless you dump some NITRO ina already Alcohol fed motor.

You can take if from a guy that was selling 20 to 25 drums a month at my peak....countless of times customers come to my store/shop and expect to gain 3- 4 tenths in fuel ALONE...and i tell them every time DO NOT EXPECT THIS....

take it for what its worth..i hope maybe i have saved someoen some hassle and most of all ($$$$$$)....

Ed's right your SUNOCO 112 supreme will cover most of your 15 to 1 on down....110 purple from 13 to 1 down to 11 to 1..and of course 93 pump on the 10 to 1 on down..i will still mix in some 110 on the pump gas motors every now and then....if anything the SMELL.....lol...

Brian

Brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "