View Single Post
Old 08-06-2008, 04:40 AM
vega34
SENIOR BUILDER

Originally Posted by olds48
Yeah,the short stroke of a small block usually loves timing!What are your cam specs?BTW,those are good numbers for an iron headed 355.I know some cars have run faster with iron heads,but there are alot of guys that can't do 6.80s with iron heads But if car is running that good,it would say that a better flowing set of heads will help.I thought maybe you were one of those guys with a 250 horse 350 looking for a magic bolt-on You would pretty much have to know what your heads flow now,at different lifts,to decide if the ones you are looking at will improve you.But as far as aluminum over iron,there is no power to be found in one type of metal over another.Flow is flow and velocity is velocity.

sorry don't know the cam specs,i bought the car off of here about 8 weeks ago and don't know the inside of the motor to good,but i'm going through it this winter,,i've put a msd dist,a geardrive timing,coil over shocks(back)new lexan glass,i;ve tried to call and left messages for the guy i bought it from wanting to know stuff but he will not return my call,i think thats about as sorry a person can get(take the money and run)

i was racing one night had won first two rounds was in the third when my plug wirs got caught on my stering rod and pulled my dist,cap off breaking my roller button,nobody could figure out what kind of roller button it was(i still have not found a rollerbutton for it)i tried calling the guy to see if he knowed but no answere,,my friend says its a mallory dodge,so i bought new msd,,,,steve