Thread: spindle stagger
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2010, 08:01 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

:lol: No pissin contest here, just two people discussing the rules, which is almost never checked at any track, i agree with TopspeedLowet everyone trys to get a little edge on the competition. I think that the stagger rule first came into effect a number of years ago when a prostock racer by the name of Reed Winsett, clearly left before the tree came on, but didn't redlight. Bill Grumpy Jekins was building motors for the guy that Reed beat and he was furious, thinking that Reed had a drop down plate to block the starting line beam. NHRA couldn't find anything at the time, Grumpy was so pissed that he actually laid down on his belly at the starting line beams the next round too see how he was doing it. I think Reed lost in the 3rd round with no one the wiser. It was later discovered that he had a ton of stagger, like 3" to 4" and that i think was when the rule was instated, but not for sure.
Anyway all is cool TopspeedLowet heck i've been know to put a dab of Nitro in on a heads up race which is also illegal.

Zip.