View Single Post
Old 03-04-2008, 07:43 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

if your wanting to turn it 8400 in high gear Naturally aspirated with the 28 inch tall tire...i will say you would start doing research nothing under a 5.14 .....

now if your gonna pull those triggers ( all 3 of them) ...then your looking at the 3.50/ 3.73 range

i did not ask you before..did you have the converter made for NOS for the motor?...if so its gonna be real tight ..which ups the anti on getting the rpm's out of the motor Minus Nos...

Bottom line since it is a spray motor,,anyway you go you are gonna leave a bunch on the table until you get to pulling those triggers...( the only downfall to a all out spray,motor)...

if i were you i would go with the gear i am gonna run on a 3 stages and just deal with the et it gives you....if not be prepared to spend alot of extra $$$ and hassle with the different gear set ups and buying a HP converter......

i have a little of the same issue...my 632 is built leaning toward the spray side...i have an extremely tight NOS converter........
My motor made max hp at 7600 on dyno..
the big difference between yours and mine is that i weigh 2150 w/driver.

i also run a 16x33 tire with a 4.30 gear.....

and mine still ain't gonna lay down that awesome pass until i get to pulling the trigger...( converter mainly)...but my weight of car will be a little more forgiving than yours on a motor pass.

i used no charts or conversion tables here..cause i have found them to be off ( a lot) ..this is info i have had 1st hand experience with..

hope this helps out..

Brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "