Old 11-29-2007, 06:05 AM
lotsof454sss
DYNO OPERATOR

Default Subdivision or city??

I am taking this as the city you are having the problem with but have included subdivisions for those that may be in that situation..Does anyone else in your subdivision/city have a fence? A privacy fence around the back yard any where in the subdivision/city? How long have the covenants/ordinances been in effect and do they have an expiration period from the day the subdivision was recorded? If we are talking covenants..as the ordinances will not.. These are all worth you checking into as they can lead to a way out for you..Once the covenant is broken by someone and nothing is done to correct it they then become unenforceable.. Also covenants will have to be enforced by others in the subdivision thru the courts... I have fought the governments in 3 counties and 4 cities repeatedly and the state and never lost and all of it over their own ordinances or covenants in the last 20 odd years..Also I would think that possibily from the first time you were contacted by the enforcement officer, if he ever stopped coming to tell you to correct it and nothing enforced, it could be unenforceable at this time . You should contact a lawyer as I have had to do that a few times also to win.