Old 09-28-2007, 12:35 PM
Bubstr
JUNIOR BUILDER

The old guy is riled up. Here is a bit of a History lesson. History is a great learning tool, because it repeats it's self.

Everyone has heard of turning their swords to plow shares. This was common for a conquering army to disarm the conquered. They where easier to control. This has been common practice from day one. Gengus Kahn, Greeks, Romans, Germans and most third world dictators, and yes the English when the United states was a colony.

The Colonys where not even allowed to make their own shovels. Partly because the English wished to have a market for their's but more so because they did not want an industrial colony that was capable of making cannons and rifles. If they where un armed they couldn't protest too much about the high taxes that they received no service from. Does high taxes ring a bell? Our taxes today are higher percentage wise than in 1775, and still there are old and poor dieing because there is no help for them.

Our fore fathers that gave us our rights didn't have special interest groups to pay back. they all volunteered and didn't even have a special retirement plan. The basically did what is right for the country, not what a big business buddy wanted. They in fact gave the people the right to bare arms to protect the people from our own government. This would never allow the Government becoming stronger than the people. Keeping it a free land to live in. This was a balance of power, much like they had in mind when they created three separate parts to our government. A Government of checks and balances. These where not hunting weapons, they would have been machine guns or cannons if they had them at the time.

Now you could say, That was back in the old days. I would say, the nature of people has never changed, especially money and power hungry people. It displayed it's self in Germany in the 40s, India in the 50s, China, North Korea Several south American Countrys and continues to this day.

I'm not advocating a war against our Government. I'm saying don't be the weak one if it came to war. Be the balance that you where meant to be. The old saying is very true. Anyone that would trade freedom and rights for security, deserves neither and will get neither. It is a lesson in history that came back to haunt people over and over again. I'd like better for my kids and grandchildren.