View Single Post
Old 06-18-2007, 06:42 AM
mcracecars
EXPERT BUILDER

I love and hate emails....
I have emailed companies before and some reply some dont, some a very short reply, not really answering your questions...
I am sure a lot of companies get hundereds emails a day and perhaps spam filters delete some important emails. Make sure what is in your subject line makes sense to the guy on the other end otherwise your email may be mistaken as spam...

I have always found for important information, a couple of bucks for a long distance phone call can help more than all the emails in the world.
Have a list of questions ready and get the quy talking.

As far as companies with attitudes, I had found one convertoer company like that, I will just go and buy elsewere.

As far as them telling me what I want, well, I think by know I kind of know, and will tell them so, but that is different from asking for say a cam or converter recomendation.
Usually the guy on the other end is only trying to get you to buy a higher priced item, the ol' bait and switcht game.

A year ago, i went into stables business depot looking for a printer, they had a nice lexmark on sale, 60 bucks or something, I asked the sales guy if they had anymore, He said, " yes but you dont want one of those, they have terrible ink yeild, you want one of these canon printers (120 bucks)." I said, well then, why do you carry lexmark? He said something about a corporate desicion to carry them.
They didnt get a sale that day, thinking back I should have gone to his manager.