Thread: wont idle
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2010, 07:59 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by bowhay
ok so the secondary idea makes sence
well heres what was done before all this stuff happened, i had a 650 on the truck, wanted a 750 and a friend had a main body and base plate from one so i took my blocks and bowls and put them on this 750 body, i took out the flaps to clean them up and when i put them back in there was a visible gap around the secondary flaps, so i think what may be happening is that fuel is just runnin through the secondaries cus the flaps are open a lil bit

and due to the fact that i have a lopey cam could tht make it to where i need a different valve?
X2 on the float level...

ALSO it is normal to see some day light sround the throtle blades when you hold it up and lok at them...you need to make sure they are centered good since you had them out.

Yes the camshaft is what will determine the amount of vaccume you have,which will dictate which Powervalve you need....If it is blown or open it will be EXTREMELY rich...

Since you had it apart I am thinking an internal leak or as was mentioned the float level..but if the float level was good before you took it apart,it will be the same since all you did was transfer the bowls from one carb to the next. jmo

Also, can you get a response from the mixture screws? If you turn the screws in and the engine doesn't seem to change,or you can't kill it, then you have too much of the idle transfer slot exposed and are pulling fuel through the main circuit.