Old 03-01-2014, 06:43 PM
bhp2dopp
SHOW GUEST

Originally Posted by bjuice
Originally Posted by bhp2dopp
Originally Posted by bjuice
Yep..Agreed.

Now come buy my 4 sec 10.5 1967 Outlaw Nova. Don't waste your time with those (everbody has one ) mustangs.....Jk lol...on the mustang anyhow...
Hey I like good ol GM iron as much as the next guy. But I love mustangs more.
Them mustangs run awesome."Built Ford tough with Chevy stuff"....lol
Hey now Some of the Chevy guys better really look at that LS motor. That is right out of Ford's Small Block. You know it uses virtually the same bore spacing as a SBF now, the same firing order as a SBF now, and it also uses symmetrical intake/exhaust runners, and identical head bolt spacing (4 around each cylinder). It basically completely dumps the SBC of old and takes a page right out of Ford.

I know some people that have had custom camshafts ground to run LS heads on a SBF block as they will bolt right up. I mean, I'm a big fan of the new LS stuff, but it's kinda plain to see where it came from

I would imagine Ford, had they not stopped making pushrod V8's in the 90's, would have gone to a beefier block/crossbolted mains and some of the other upgrades a factory LS has over a factory Ford block of old, but the Mod motor blocks they replaced the old pushrod motors with also do just that (good to 1000HP from the factory).

Not trying to get into a debate, but as a long time Chevy guy and a long time Ford guy, the LS, to me, is a direct ripoff from Ford. Hell, I remember all the Chevy guys making fun of the Ford guys back in the day about the distributor being in front. Guess where an LS distributor sits? I'm just sayin. The motor should do good. It always did for Ford

To give you an example. Here's an old 5.0HO head gasket mating up to an LS head. Kinda makes you think a bit eh? Grab the SBC head gasket of old and they aren't even close.

And then the LS heads on a Ford small block:

So to your statement. "LS is the best Ford motor Chevy ever Built"

PS - I'm just giving you crap. Don't get upset. I'm a horsepower junkie and like them all