View Single Post
Old 04-08-2008, 04:30 PM
Oldewalnut
SENIOR BUILDER

Default Re: My other 2 "Lost" deals

Originally Posted by Tod74
Don't you already have a 66 or 67 nova that is already tubbed and has a cage? Man if I were you I'd be aaaallll about getting that one going again. The hard parts done and in my opinion it just don't get no cooler than those two years for the nova.

JMO
Tod,

My old Nova, admittedly, one of the neatest cars made. When I originally built the car, it was a leap of faith for a Ford guy like myself to build a Chevy. But the Chevy II body style was one I always loved. So, it was the only choice I would make. Funny story behind it, when I originally went to bargain for it, the guy decided he couldn't sell it. About 3 months later, the guy got hard up for money, ended up buying it for even less, On top of that he delivered it to me! Looking back, wish I had taken some picturs of it, had the ugliest flame paint job I ever saw. Was a fun car to cruise in. I only drove it around for about 3 months, then it went to a buddies to start it's transformation.

Here's the rub regarding that car. It truly needs alot of work, not only to update it but to fix some of its real shortcomings. I'm weighing the pros and cons of resurrecting that car vs. buying a roller and building something else.