Thread: my dream
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2010, 12:09 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

...when you start two stepping the brake and leaving hard based on your converter etc.....Understand when it starts hooking its gonna start finding weak links in your drive train...Not trying to sound discouraging just letting it be known a foot brake set up will not hold up for long going to a transbrake. a few things that comes to mind that is a Must for running a transbrake safe as you can is. replace tranny and rearend slip yokes with Billet yokes...an appropriate HP rated Moly drive shaft for your set up with 1350 u joints, a Good 3rd member housing (if running a 9 inch) good (Aluminum) pinion support, a PRO-GEAR....AND NOTHING LESS THAN A good 35 spline axle.

below is a company that builds good quality Moly shafts at a reasonable prices....they will set up the 1350 u joints etc also carries the Billet Slip yokes much cheaper then Most....they also balance the shaft..i DO NOT think you will beat their price for the Quality shaft, etc......i have personally run one in a 1,000+ hp car on a transbrake at 3300lbs...
( they will ship top you as well)

http://www.carolinadriveline.com/

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "