View Single Post
Old 02-11-2009, 12:58 PM
dparker
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Rigsby
Good posts everyone. I am glad to see everyone is civil & as understanding as they can be. There are some real emotions around politics & religion/God. Since everyone is entitled to thier opinions, I will give my short version....

Anyone seen the "Truth Project"?? It clearly dinfines how our Goverment & politicians have literally re-wrote history little by little, piece by piece. It is very simple... & don't take my word for it, check it out in History! The Consititution came from a belief in morale & God. Look up a 1892 Webster dictionary... many definitions are Chistian based. Now FF to current day... nothing about God in there except a few things. Schools like Yale, Columbia, Princeton etc... all were created by a Christain ciriculum. What about our fore fathers such as Adams, Washington & Webster... all believed in upholding Chistian morale... as a key to freedom & democracy. Poncholvr: you may be involved with the Government, but this Government we have now has fallen long ago & has MANY flaws.. despite your opinion. We now have something like 30,000 laws around JUST ENFORCING THE CONSTITUTION!! We are re-writing history that our fore fathers warned us about long ago. Instead of funding prisions to get criminals & in, we are letting them out. Instead of funding our school system (which is brain washing our kid's) we are now putting together a FAT PORK spending bill to cover things like "ACORN"... is that a GOOD Government??? excuse me, what planet are you from???? LOL!! Anyways, Columbis did not find America to throw away it's values... we are a country that wants a leader so we can live w/o consequence... our Goverment is helping that along day by day, bill by bill, leader by leader. I am sorry, but it is corrupt & self serving. Not to say all government people are bad... not my intention. What I am saying is: don't try to justify a flawed & corrupt government to me... we scewd that up long ago!! We are paying the price & IT WILL GET WORSE.

Last, I love all you guys. I do not mean to offend everyone... I think our country is in trouble... our government is making it worse & so are the leaders. It is TOTALLY evident in the history... don't believe me, check it out yourself (you will have to look hard, we are re-writing it anyways). Scooter
Believe it or not I agree with you. But I just don't think becoming disenfranchised with our government serves any purpose. Its exactly what our liberal opposition wants. For us to: To give up, to think your vote doesn't count, to draw back and become negative in thought, to think there's nothing we can do but wait for the inevitable. I just won't allow myself to believe that. I've been in the trenches on the floor of the house and there are good people working for us. But they need troop support and so far we haven't been there for them. I know state congress men and women that get less than 20 calls a session from a district with 20,000 in it. They should be getting 100 calls a bill from us. I've seen what I'm talking about work. We had a bill on ATVs that would have made it mandatory for everyone to have a drivers license, helment, and have taken a motorcyle class to ride a ATV even on your own property. No kids uder 15 could have even rode motorcross bikes in competion or in their back yard. We gathered up a couple hundred people and had them call our state congress people. They had plenty of votes to get the bill passed, but by the time we had finished the bill was dead. I guess what I'm trying to say is everything that has been done to undermind our government can be done to build it back. If my car has a rod knocking, I could go inside and tell my wife what a piece of crap the car is every nite, eventhough that might be the truth, or I could pull the engine and fix it. I just think is easy to point your finger at whats wrong, but its not as easy to fix that problem. Yes we do have a lot of new laws, but we have alot more people than when our forefathers were here. And they didn't have to worry about someone from England or France flying a jet thru the white house.