Thread: lexan???
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2007, 08:59 AM
bignastygs
SENIOR BUILDER

I am in agreement with the Margard lexan. I chose the Home Depot kind because of a few reasons. 1st was that my car will be a 9-10 second car if I ever decide to go that route. Probably high 10's will be its limit. I am also leaving the front windshield(new and stock) in place. I wanted to try to get stock glass installed in my VFN glass doors,but that can't be done.So, I looked around (before I found RJ) and couldn't locate anything for my car. They had kits for Chevelle and nothing for a Buick GS.Before anyone starts saying they GS is the same as a Chevelle,you would be wrong! My front window and possibly side windows are the same,but the rear glass is totally different. It sucks that I have to scrounge up Chevelle parts and modify it to fit my car,but thats how it goes. 2nd,even when I found the kits they were 7-8 hundred bucks a set and shipping was astronomical. I realize the Camaro,Malibu etc guys are the most common cars and I always have to pay a premium to have such an (ODD??) choice of car. I am used to it now and just pay the extra premium.I am just hoping to get started with the Home Depot stuff till possibly I can get some Margard material.
To get off topic a little,where do you guys get your mounting kits and hardware to mount your side glass?? I have located a kit from S&W racecars but nowhere else.